Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner

What my XDiavel will look like

35K views 101 replies 30 participants last post by  XDiavelKrish 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Just signed the contract for an XDiavel today. Base model. No need for the S for me.

I'm never the person to keep things stock. I always like to add my personal flare.

This is what is being done to my bike for delivery. It's the concept version of the original XDiavel. I'm making it a reality.

The dealer is painting all the parts for me. It's the tricolore gold that I'm going for on the wheels and clutch and timer covers.

It'll be about a month before I get it though. Needs to be taken apart and sent for paint!

So itching to get this thing! Just need to sort out bar end mirrors and a straighter handle bar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 ·
ConR, you re doing what the rest of us would like to do (there was a thread a couple of months ago titled like "it should have been red").
I would love to at least paint my trellis Ducati Red, bit too much of a tight arse to pull it apart to do it. Love the concept look. Hope the painful wait goes quickly.
Get you to join the Sydney Ducatista via Facebook too!

cheers,
Carl.

#9 ·
Thanks mate. I will at some point paint the trellis. Just not via the dealer! Or stealer more like it. I'll take it somewhere else to get it painted.

I was hoping to get it this weekend, but not going to happen. Parts haven't even gone off for paint yet!

In the meantime, I'm ripping around hard on my Monster 1200 HAHAHAHA!!! Gonna miss the rear sets, but let's try something different.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, this is getting delayed a bit because I keep changing things haha.

Frame is getting painted red. I figured if I'm going to do this, might as well go big or go home. Don't ask how much it's costing me. You'll wanna punch me HAHAHAHA. Shitload of labour to take apart the entire bike!!!!

So it will look like the original concept photo, but will be a few weeks before I get it now.

I'm loving the red swingarm on the left!

#12 ·
I don't think it will look far off the concept bike to be honest. There's a few parts that look different on the concept, like the timer cover being solid aluminum, but otherwise, it's pretty much going to look like this.

Excluding the fact that the concept photo has been photoshopped to heck and back obviously!

#24 ·
It's not the lighting. The tank/fender are satin, the frame/swingarm are gloss. Did it on purpose, otherwise things don't stand out. Satin frame and you wouldn't notice it. Gloss tank and it would just blend in. Think Monster 821 in white. The tank is matte, but the frame is red! And you can really see the details and curves in the tank with the satin finish:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.