5 replies to this topic

#1 AML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Diavel Model: Dark

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

I want to replace my bulbs with brighter/different color bulbs (a more white/blue color) and I know this has been covered before, but I would like some clarification

According to the manual the high beam is an H1 bulb, and the Low beam is H7, but on here ive seen people say that they used 2 H11 bulbs as replacements.

My Diavel is Japan specs and 2013 model, does that make any difference?

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 WEC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Diavel Model: Red

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

I changed mine. I used PIAA brand. You can get the H1 and H7 in a lot of different color spectrums, which I think is measured in Kelvins. Don't quote me but I think it's the higher the Kelvin number the whiter the light until you get into the much higher numbers where you will begin to get into the blue shades. Kelvin is described as the lights color temperature. 4000K will get you into the pure white where 5000K will be in the blue white and higher into a purple tint. 2700K would put you in a yellow tint range of light.

Check out PIAA's web site where I think you will be able to find what you are looking for in brightness and color.

#3 AML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Diavel Model: Dark

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

Thanks for that. I use HIDs in my car and changed the bulbs to 6000 kelvin to make it whiter. (you are right, the higher the Kelvin the whiter the color)

My question was more about the type of bulbs people are using for the diavel. I thought i saw an earlier post where people said they were using H11 bulbs.

Anyway, i will look into piaa bulbs and make changes accordingly. Ill stick with H1 and H7 for high/low beam, since HID for the diavel seems to be such a pain in the ass.

Thanks!

#4 RoaringEagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Black

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

The Hx is mainly the socket type. Even if you get hid bulbs (we usually call them xenon), those Hx references are used.

I have tried up to 12000K for main headlights: I would very strongly recommend against going any higher, as light output (lumens) really drops once you go over 6000K! Of course, 12000K xenons are still about twice as bright as normal halogens, so the output drop is still not making the xenons too weak.

http://users.telenet.../Buell%201125R/

Check the pics with high and low beams: low beam is 12000K and is really purple in the dark, while it seems blue in daylight. High beam is 8000K. The led running lights are w5w (wedge) and not bright at all, compared to xenons: compared to stock halogens they were plenty bright, but of course not enough output to use at any form of main lighting!

In the Diavel I had the dealer install 8000K xenon for low beam, that's it. This xenon seems blueish white, still about 3x the output of halogens and is quite conspicuous.

In my previous car I once tried Philips bulbs: double wattage of stock and bright white (5000-6000K I think) and that already made a difference. Xenons are still waaayyyy better, of course: more expensive because you need the ballast and extra wiring too and not just a new bulb.

#5 Glukocil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

I think H11 is impossible to fit. It's used mainly for anti-fog lamps.
I changed to koito bulbs whitebeam III 55w. Much better then stock.

#6 WEC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Diavel Model: Red

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

I think I stayed with the H1 and H7 but purchased the PIAA bulbs. For the money it was a great upgrade. No Xenon's but I think I doubled the amount of light and added quite a bit to the distance which is always good. If there is an animal or deer near the edge of the road I want their eyes to really light up. The sooner I see them the quicker I can make a decision to try and keep my self out of serious trouble.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users