8 replies to this topic

#1 Triskellion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Diavel Model: Red

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

Hi
I havent put any pics on before so hope this works! just tried fitting H&B top box rack and C bow pannier racks and the top box and panniers to see what they look like, took about 1 1/2 hours to build the frame and rack and to find out how to fit it on the bike but now the frame/rack is built I think it would take about 15 minutes max to put it on next time. Hopefully I am off to France in June so I will fit it the day before I go and it will be off the day after I get back! The Diavel morphs into a practical tourer!!! I am quite surprised as I think it looks quite good, I will also be getting the silver panel on the top box sprayed red? Cheers Marc

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  Pic 1.JPG (118.67K)
    Number of downloads: 143
  • Attached File  Pic 2.JPG (109.38K)
    Number of downloads: 211
  • Attached File  Pic 3.JPG (120.2K)
    Number of downloads: 169

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 AMPJ8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

The H&B panniers are for me the best fit for the Diavel. I would say the only thing to watch for is that drivers and riders around you see when you signal a turn because maybe from 3/4 coming behind the rear signals are covered by the panniers.
Glad you found what you were looking for.
Thanks for sharing.

#3 Spasky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

I do not like the scooter look top box but OK you cannot have all (beauty and practicality). Are you going on trip with passenger?

#4 Triskellion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

Hi, I am with you on the top box not being too pretty but I think I can live with it for a week. I wont have a passenger, the reason the seat cowl isnt on is that after I had fitted the rack I found I couldnt get the seat back on with the cowl attached as it was slightly too tight and I didnt want to damage it. I Know for next time that I will have to put the seat on before I tighten the rack up.

#5 silverfox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Hi Triskellion, I've got the Krauser bags which are exactly the same as the H & B bags. I've also got the rack and was thinking of buying the top box. I think it looks ok so thanks for the photos. When I remove the the rack and c-bow brackets, I leave the 2 mounting brackets on so I don't have to remove the indicators everytime. You hardly notice the brackets that are left on the bike and the rack and c-bow mounts fit as one piece in minutes.

#6 Triskellion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

Thanks for the comment, yes I think the Krauser and H&B are the same apart from the badge, i took the whole rack off last night and it took about 10 mins but I removed the whole lot from the frame. The top box rack looks like it would make a reasonaly good rack on its own for a soft bag as well and with the C bow rack on there are a few more bungee points?

#7 Runton Red

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

looks good :p: - I have the panniers fitted - does the rack fit to the C-Bow mounts or directly to the sub frame? who was the supplier for the rack?

#8 silverfox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

Got mine from Moto Legends Distributions Ltd, Office 3, Edgefield House- Vicarage Lane, North Muskham- Nottinghamshire, NG23 6ES.It comes with the 2 brackets that the C-bow mounts fasten to so that you can fasten the rack on without the pannier mounts. They are advertising the back box on ebay, Item number 130712936410. Telephone number
01636 605105. Hope this helps.

Item number:

[/right]

#9 Triskellion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hi
I got my kit from www.moto24.co.uk really quick delivery and cheap postage, you can mount the pannier rack and the top box rack separately they both fit onto the same bracket that fits on the pre drilled holes on the bike frame. If you want any pics i will take some next time I fit the rack?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users