22 replies to this topic

#1 Murdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Full Termi's, etc, etc.
Threw away the Rexxer. Fitted a cruise control - worth it.
Before it was a like my cattle dog on a leash in a town full of cats. The Rexxer clean it up a little and was a cheap fix but now she'll run down to 2000rpm in 5th without snatch and is so smooth right up to cut out. Still pops and makes all the right noises on over run though!
Could've got more power at the expense of driveability (rideability?)
Certainly recommend Speedy's in Brisbane - they're nuts!!

Attached File(s)

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 devil05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

I was thinking about getting cruise control (tune boy) , which one did you get? Did you install it and if so was it easy. Any other members got one installed? Pros or cons.

#3 tate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Diavel Model: Red

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

air/ fuel mix line is fairly flat too. looks like you got it right. :yahoo

#4 ReidMcT

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

What are the units of power? I ask because in the USA we are accustomed to seeing the power and torque curves cross each other at 5250 rpm. We use horsepower and pound feet as our units of power and torque, respectively. I can see the torque on your chart is labeled as pound feet, but powor is not defined.

#5 LouieLL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Only have the termis then? Custom tune or stock termi?

#6 Murdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostReidMcT, on 07 January 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

What are the units of power? I ask because in the USA we are accustomed to seeing the power and torque curves cross each other at 5250 rpm. We use horsepower and pound feet as our units of power and torque, respectively. I can see the torque on your chart is labeled as pound feet, but powor is not defined.

I'm shite at scanning!! Horsepower, definitley horsepower...

#7 Murdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostLouieLL, on 07 January 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Only have the termis then? Custom tune or stock termi?

The boys at Speedy's did a custom tune, individual cylinders. Took them the best part of 2 days with our summer heat and all.

#8 Murdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

View Postdevil05, on 07 January 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

I was thinking about getting cruise control (tune boy) , which one did you get? Did you install it and if so was it easy. Any other members got one installed? Pros or cons.

Tuneboy - $AUD130 fitted. Easy to use, just hit the starter for 3 seconds on the move and it'll hold that speed up hill and down dale. Hitting the brkes or clutch disengages. Love riding the freeways with my arms folded - no more right hand cramps. Well at least from riding the bike...

#9 devil05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Holy crap that's a good price cause there quoting $399 for the kit on the tuneboy web site,who was that through?

#10 Drdarthmaul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

why is your afr ratios flat at 13. is there no progression from 14.70 to 12.00 or wasnt mapped pid ?

Attached File(s)

Edited by Drdarthmaul, 07 January 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#11 Murdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

View PostDrdarthmaul, on 07 January 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

why is your afr ratios flat at 13. is there no progression from 14.70 to 12.00 or wasnt mapped pid ?

Mate, no idea. They aimed for 13's right across the rev range. They do a custom dyno - no piggy back ecu, tuning each cylinder seperately. They started explaining in detail but they lost me - I just told the guys to jiuce it up in the low and mid range.
Give the guys at Speedy's a call if you like - they're always up for a beer and a chat!

#12 916hoon

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

I have mine booked in for a 12k service and full tuneboy with dyno at Protwin in Perth.

he said about $199 to install the cruise control only,

( you are just getting the ECU fiddled not buying software or laptop links etc )

#13 Sloopy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Black

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

What fun is life without snatch?

#14 Murdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostSloopy, on 08 January 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

What fun is life without snatch?

EXACTLY!!

#15 Murdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

View Post916hoon, on 08 January 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

I have mine booked in for a 12k service and full tuneboy with dyno at Protwin in Perth.

he said about $199 to install the cruise control only,

( you are just getting the ECU fiddled not buying software or laptop links etc )

As I say, it was a custom dyno with a lot of attention to detail. These boys sure can fiddle. Y'all.

#16 Guest_cropduster_*

• Guests

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Tim and Scott at speedys do an excellent job on the dyno, i've had a couple of bikes tuned there with excellent results both times, my maps look exactly the same on paper but when they showed them to me on the monitor the torque and horsepower graphs did cross at 5252rpm, they have to, horsepower is only a multiplication of torque times rpm divided by 5252, it's how it rides that matters and mine ride great.
OP, are you sure on the tuneboy price? what was the total for the tune boy, install and dyno??? i want mine done now!

#17 Smitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Thanks for the dyno chart, I like seeing what's happening at the rear wheel rather than factory claims! Brilliant bike though.

I bought the TuneBoy through the group buy for cruise control, $400 I think it was. Included all hardware to connect to the bike and laptop and CD with instructions.

Very easy to follow and install. Having never tuned EFI before I puckered up as I clicked 'Erase/flash ECU' but it all worked great, took me 30 minutes to do the job. i had a good read of the instructions first and what was possible with making your own maps which took another hour before hand.

Verdict? Well worth the money if you ride more than 30 minutes at a time. TuneBoy were exceptionally helpful in shipping and checking everything was ok. I have a Goldwing so it was interesting to compare the differences.

Pro's
- Easy to install
- Good instructions
- Can engage cruise in any gear over 40kph / 25mph, even first! Wing is only 4th and 5th gear
- cuts out well by applying clutch or either brake
- simple to use
- nice and smooth operation, nice tolerance plus or minus a few kms as needed
- great value for money
- saves my right wrist! The joys if braking bones and bikes 😄

Con's
- 3 seconds to hold the starter is a little too long for my liking. It's about 1 sec on the wing which is fine
- need to cleanly hold the starter button the full 3 seconds otherwise it doesn't engage (as programmed and as you'd expect). I think I do this but when I let go sometimes its not engaged. Easing off throttle is advisable otherwise the buke slows very fast! Take 2 always works so I'd say operator error.
- pulling in clutch to disengage takes a reasonable pull like a decisive gear change. If you are too slow the revs rise like flicking the clutch a little on a dirt bike. The wing is more sensitive and cuts straight off with a slight touch of the lever. I use a flick of the front break normally to disengage

Not really a negative, more of an observation but due to the power and weight of the Diavel compared to the boheameth wing, cruise cuts in a little more aggressively for hills etc, not in a bad way, just fifferent. How does that saying go, be alert but not alarmed when cruise is engaged

Am I happy with it? Absolutely, should come standard.

Mark

#18 Smitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

And it reset average fuel consumption from l/100kph to MPG. Just changed units in the menu and saved? No issue

Smitty

#19 Coop

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Smitty, the way to engage the cruise is just with a momentary touch of the starter button, not three secs like you say.
The three seconds thing is just to turn on the cruise function into standby mode. Once in standby mode, it only take a brief press of the button to set the speed.
I find it best to set into standby before you ride off. You know standby is on when you here a quick 'blip' of the throttle , that is done on purpose to indicate that cruise function is now on and in standby mode.
Of course, you can still turn on to standby while you are riding, but the 'blip' doesn't happen. And it's also possible to turn onto standby mode, and set speed in one go if you hold the button in for long enough. From then on, only a short press of the button is needed to set the speed again.

:d

#20 Coop

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Here is my dyno graph.
Tuned by Wayne at Tuneboy.
Posted Image

:d