Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner

Dashboard Issues

7K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  fusebox 
#1 ·
Anyone else experiencing issues with the Daivel dashboard not retaining settings after being off for >12 hours? Mine has now progressed into a NAS error where both dashboards do not work and all the light settings light up like a christmas tree and I have no blinkers or headlights.
My dealer has ordered me a new dashboard but this situation is disappointing for a new owner of this new high performance bike.
Thx

#3 ·
I had a similar error and xmas tree illumination on my dash. This is what i did and it remedied the issue. Under the seat are two power distribution fuse blocks...I pulled out and reinserted each fuse, one at a time. I then turned the bike on and the error was gone. Give it a shot, it's probably one one of the internal systems that needs to be reset.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Several people, including me, have had the ErrNas issue. Either disconnect the battery, or pull and reinsert every fuse as GiL suggests, and it should clear the ErrNas. There is no reference to that error in the dealer's manuals, so it's one of those 'never heard of that' situations if you ask your mechanic. I disconnected my battery, and it cleared the error. Haven't had an issue for 5 or 6 months since then. My issue coincided with a very low battery after the bike sat in the garage for a few weeks during the winter. A low battery or power delivery issues may also contribute to the computer not being able to retain settings after the bike sits.

#5 ·
So glad I read this, been dealing with the dealer from hell (Honda of Jacksonville but they own a Ducati liscence) on my 3 week old bike. Took them 5 days to even order the new dash, got my bike back and got this Christmas tree death dash. Pulled all the fuses in the left fuse block and she started right up!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Even though the Administrators are nowhere to be found, CropDuster is still trying to get back onboard with no response to be had, this is a great board with great members. My dash went out with the Christmas tree warning lights and Error Message NAS. It was late afternoon, on a ride to the monthly Ducati gathering in Little Italy. I just kept going since the bike otherwise seemed to be behaving. After the event I noticed, my brake lights, turn signals and headlight were inoperable in this condition. Could be shitty dangerous if it would have occurred at night on the freeway. I use arm signaling when I remember to. NAS error is not listed in the error section of the manual. So referring to the forum answers on this topic I did the first and easiest thing and check the fuses. #2 fuse on the left, the dash fuse was blown. Easy fix, I hope it was a fluke and just a surge and not a continuing issue. I'll guess I'll find out next ride.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sure sounds like a short circuit somewhere, especially if it's intermittent.
Read another forum member having same problem, but his fuses check good.

Check out main harness assmbly around fork, frame area for frayed wires like I had...My issue was DSB Slave Error, with all idiot lights flashing and dashes all over upper dash board. No clock, speedo, tach....never did blow fuses though???

Got spare fuses?..Don't leave home without them!

Good luck Bud.

Edit: "Coop is still trying to get back onboard with no response to be had, this is a great board with great members."

Coop?...Hey Bud...I thought it was Crop Duster w/log in issues, no?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.