19 replies to this topic

#1 R craig H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:58 AM

Hi every one , been reading a few posts on the forum about tank pads carbon or clear . Well me not knowing which way to jump just wanted a clear flat pad. I know theres a product out there by 3M called a Bra but at Au$ 220 for a full bike kit when i only wanted the tank pad was a bit steep. So got the old grey matter working and remembered my iphone screen protecter ,could it work? called into Dick Smiths (Australian electrical store ) and bought a twin pack of iPad screen protector $15. Made a template which just covers the area were im getting a bit crotch scrub , you will easy get 4 pads out of the pack . So polished out light marks waxed and polished then set about fitting , patience lads and there you go one tank pad no bubbles see how it holds up . AAAAAh but one thing i bought the anti glare finish when you can also get clear so if some one wants to try that get the results posted . fingers crossed . if it fails its $95 for a ducati pad

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 Jayhawkk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:29 AM

Nice, thanks for the head's up. I ended up buying the Shark Skin Tech Spec tank pads for 75. I've only used Stomp grip in the past so not sure of how they will work out.

Edited by Jayhawkk, 05 July 2012 - 03:30 AM.

#3 916hoon

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Diavel Model: Red

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:16 AM

Like your style Craig, did you get any Apps with it?

#4 Jayhawkk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

the Ducati version: Angry Devils, came with it

#5 Diavelo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

There's a product similiar to the mobile phone screen stuff that's made for this: "Snider's Paint Guard." I've used it several times on different bikes (and wished I'd used it on others) and while it can be difficult to the make the stuff work with compound curves I've found it functions very well. Available from Aerostich in the U.S. - http://www.aerostich...aint-guard.html. $14.00 for three 11"×14" sheets.

I put this stuff on the sides of the Diavel tail lights when I thought my tailpack straps may do some flapping + scuffing. The stuff is so invisible I forgot to take it off after I removed the tailpack...

#6 TechSpec_TankGrips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Diavel Model: No Diavel Yet

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

Did someone say TechSpec!?
Why Yes we do have a kit for this wonderful bike! As a matter of fact, its rapidly becoming one of our top selling kits! :cool

#7 Jayhawkk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

haha

#8 TechSpec_TankGrips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

See for yourself new friends!
Posted Image

#9 R craig H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

One other thing , Diavelo is right when you make the template there is only so far you can take the film / protector up the tank as the contour changes the film wants to lift up so you have to fiddle a bit on the height, it covers just the area where you jacket can touch and no more . I may even today look at the front of the belly pan as the sheets are large enough to cover. As for the Apps Hoon i got the one called F inn patience, you dont realise how fiddly this film is when you watch the little asian girl put the protective film on ya phone down the shopping centro .

#10 Long Johno

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostTechSpec_TankGrips, on 05 July 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

Did someone say TechSpec!?
Why Yes we do have a kit for this wonderful bike! As a matter of fact, its rapidly becoming one of our top selling kits!

Do you have it in clear?

#11 TechSpec_TankGrips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostLong Johno, on 05 July 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

Do you have it in clear?

Sorry, but we will not be offering this kit in clear. Not only have we had some negative feedback about the adhesive, but the material we have isn't long enough to fit the contour of the Diavel correctly. So, will be taking the clear stuff back to the drawing board. It is available in our other fine materials though!

#12 Wafflefry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Black

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

I got this a a few weeks ago as I hated the way Stomp Grip looked. They have excellent grip, cover the whole panel and look great with my black CF. I highly recommend!

TechSpec tank pads
Uploaded 19 Jun 2012 - 08:39

#13 brock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Diavel Model: Red

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

EEEwwwww, that waffle pad looks turrible.
Clear bra kits are way less noticeable and protect just as well. The challenge is getting the tank piece to fit.
The side panels are cake to fit clear bra to.

#14 TechSpec_TankGrips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

View Postbrock, on 06 July 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

EEEwwwww, that waffle pad looks turrible.
Clear bra kits are way less noticeable and protect just as well. The challenge is getting the tank piece to fit.
The side panels are cake to fit clear bra to.

The bras do their job for PROTECTION sure, but the tank pads we offer go above and beyond that. Ours offer protection from scratches and dings, as well as provide excellent grip and comfort. Those who have a set of our grips on their bike will testify that its a night and day difference within the first 50 yards of riding.

Edited by TechSpec_TankGrips, 06 July 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#15 Wafflefry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Black

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostTechSpec_TankGrips, on 06 July 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

The bras do their job for PROTECTION sure, but the tank pads we offer go above and beyond that. Ours offer protection from scratches and dings, as well as provide excellent grip and comfort. Those who have a set of our grips on their bike will testify that its a night and day difference within the first 50 yards of riding.

I got this because it was cut to fit the panels PERFECTLY and offers great grip. No way would I go with a clear as it would show tons of micro-scratches. A bra? yeah, no grip. I got this bike to ride the shit out of it not park it in the living room and serve wine and cheese. To each their own though.

Edited by Wafflefry, 06 July 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#16 R craig H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Diavelo Hi , just jumped in and had a look at your link for Aerostitch. That is the stuff that i would have ordered if i knew of it . The idea of using water to slide it into position n stuff , looks like thats a great find for the lads on the forum . if the ipad film does not work i will be looking at your find . cheers for the that . As for the grip stuff that is right off what i was looking for , just a clear protective film but thanks any way

#17 seanmcva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostTechSpec_TankGrips, on 06 July 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Your holiday ad http://techspec-usa....grip-19349.html makes me want to look twice at your products for some reason...

#18 bigdaddy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Diavel Model: Dark

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

View Postseanmcva, on 16 November 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

Your holiday ad http://techspec-usa....grip-19349.html makes me want to look twice at your products for some reason...

Nice ad. How is the pad affixed to the bike?

#19 TechSpec_TankGrips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

View Postseanmcva, on 16 November 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

:cool Get free shipping on a kit for your Diavel till the end of the year!

#20 TechSpec_TankGrips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

View Postbigdaddy33, on 16 November 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Nice ad. How is the pad affixed to the bike?

Check out this video!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users