7 replies to this topic

#1 Busabeater 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

Just put exhaust on and now going to the O2 manipulator, does anyone have a clue how the left side air intake cover comes off, been messing with it for a awhile now, yes I have removed the alan bolt on the side and the 2 up front.

Thanks for some help

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 Busabeater 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

20 views, no one has put the o2 manipulator on?

#3 VincentVega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

I took the side cover and then the breather cover. To remove the breather cover , remove the allen on the side, then remove the two up front inside. You will have to turn the steering all the way to the right to reach the two up front inside .Then you have to pull the bottom out a little and then pull the cover forward and up. Hope that makes sense. The O2 manip is screwed in the intake from the outer inside wall . To replace the breather cover I had to take the front screen off to get it to line up right. . Hope this helps.

#4 Busabeater 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the help, I will try it tomorrow, I did get bike off lift and road it around with the cw pipe, holy shit, thing sounds nasty, got a even 60 miles on bike now, come on spring.

#5 EricMack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Black

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:12 AM

I'm interested too in hearing how hard these are to get off... both sides. Any difference in removal from right or left?

#6 wadejesu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:47 AM

Remove 2 small allen heads on front screen, then 1 on the side, pull air cover out and towards the front, there is a tapered pin that slides into grommet on the frame, you will see it when cover is off. Try not to lose the rubber well nuts when removing cover. It will then be a pain in the ass trying to get air cover to slide back into tank cover where the rectangular grommets are. I found it eaiser to remove tank cover and covers all at once.

#7 croaky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

The air temperature sensor is on LHS intake.

The lambda sensors (02 sensors) are on headers.

ditto to above removals, as I recall it to a little wiggling to get it out, don't worry nothing will break.

I fitted fatduc 02 manipulators and they were fitted inline to wiring coming from 02 sensors (plug an play) one down near battery and the other under tank.

Sounds like your replacing original sensors with aftermarket. I suggest you get yourself a workshop manual, you'll find links on the forum, they come on a CD which you can copy to a computer (or Iphone if you like), best money you'll ever spend.

Edited by croaky, 10 February 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#8 bh003i

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Black

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

Turn front to the right at full lock. Once the bolts are all loosened, including the Big one on the inside (near the forks), then you have to slide the intake fairing toward the rear of the bike, as I recall. There are rectangular slots that have a tab from the bottom side of the intake cover slid into them. Cant pull away, down, or up, have to actually slide it forward or back. A flashlight will easily show them when shined through the hole where the front-facing metal screen used to be. Cable connection point will be obvious. Seems like super overkill to take the tank cover off. All in all, about 5 screws of maybe 3 allen key sizes (only 2 of which were in my underseat toolkit). If its taking longer than 5 minutes, you may be attacking the wrong area.

I wish I wasn't so on the fence about the performance of the O2 Manipulator part. Seems to have overly castrated the exhaust note, but maybe I just havent ridden it enough to appreciate the fueling improvement. A few worse MPGs isnt too bad as I get a measly 28MPG anyway with 99% city driving. Too bad its snowing today or I'd be out.

Anyone have more comments about your experiences with the O2 Manipulator?

Edited by bh003i, 11 February 2012 - 06:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users