Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner

I want it. Would you?

13K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Stankflapper 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#7 ·
Comfort may be a bit of a problem. Also, it looks like it still needs mirrors so that would alter the look again.

#10 ·
Just thought what it looked like... it is a beheaded Diavel.

#13 ·
It would be great for drag racing if the bars were further forward. Otherwise, you'd get rock chips, water, mud, rubber, and all manner of other road debris on your back and helmet.

Been there, done that. Damaged a brand new helmet. It had rock chips all over the back after a short ride due to the lack of fender.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Agreed, it's more drag bike than anything, and by nature, drag bikes are pretty limited use. Ducati nailed it as is.... part cruiser, sport bike, muscle bike, drag bike. Pretty diverse.

Being just a few hundred miles into my carbon white, i was wondering what life was like without the stock fender/hugger. Sounds like I should keep it.... it's growing on me anyway
, thanks General.

#19 ·
I'd rather have a fender and sit upright than be in cafe racer position all the time. I've got enough of that with the 1098. Still wouldn't chop it's arse off. To me that look is naff.

#18 ·
I get into enough trouble for kicking up rocks for other riders and bikes with a fender without trying it without. It means sticking behind in a tight formation ride and trying to take a wide birth but avoiding any loose stuff when I pass.

#20 ·
Nothing is going to get me to like this look.

Especially when you consider what might happen if you go over a BIG unexpected bump and your body hops back onto that tire, jamming your dog's danglies into the gap between tire and seat. No thanks.

#21 ·

#22 ·
Cool look! But that's where it ends IMO...

Imagine dealing with the next oversized bump in the road during a high speed turn....

Did I eat my Wheaties today? :~)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.