11 replies to this topic

#1 croaky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

Anyone have any feedback on the recently updated rexxer reflash for the Diavel.

I've heard desmohq in Byron Bay Australia are recommending it.

By accounts you can give the options you want (like K&N filter, no O2 sensors, no exhaust valve, slip-on ect) and the rexxer will reflash your stock ECU with correct fuel mapping. This can be reverted back to stock with another rexxer reflash.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 desmoworks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Diavel Model: No Diavel Yet

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

View Postcroaky, on 11 November 2011 - 12:05 PM, said:

By accounts you can give the options you want (like K&N filter, no O2 sensors, no exhaust valve, slip-on ect) and the rexxer will reflash your stock ECU with correct fuel mapping. This can be reverted back to stock with another rexxer reflash.

I've got the software and we flash piles of Marelli and Siemens ECUs with great results. I've been waiting for some time to get the pinout diagram for the Diavel ECU so we can start doing them as well. I've heard the flash is very good for it, but last I checked you had to have the bike and plug in through the diagnostic port as they were still working on discovering the pinout. I'll give them another shout to see if that has changed. Thanks for the heads up!

#3 General Lee

Expert Member

• Administrators
  • 2,906 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

A kit like Tuneboy would have my money in an instant.

#4 Jdgreenberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

please more details. While tuneboy kit would be best, I want to get ready for a powercommander and autotune kit

#5 Stagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Anyone have any feedback on the recently updated rexxer reflash for the Diavel. I've heard desmohq in Byron Bay Australia are recommending it. By accounts you can give the options you want (like K&N filter, no O2 sensors, no exhaust valve, slip-on ect) and the rexxer will reflash your stock ECU with correct fuel mapping. This can be reverted back to stock with another rexxer reflash.

I spoke to them today - all confirmed with what you have listed above. They have already done a reflashes for a couple of Diavel (with CW) owners already.

I can't get down to them for a few weeks, but I am excited to cool and smooth the beast in the sub 3500RPM range. $399 and 1 hour to reflash your unit and a copy of standard map is preserved (serial numbers involved).

They really know the issues and possible solutions, we discussed the alternatives, Redline PCV, factory PCV (still coming) and the collection of resister based 02 manipulators. Reflashing the ECU to remove the closed loop is the cleanest way to my way of thinking.
All I want to a cooler running smoother bike for when I am around town. I could always go to a PCV/Bazzaz later when they are sorted.

Edited by Stagger, 21 November 2011 - 07:26 PM.

#6 Jdgreenberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

for us in the good ole USA, redline performance will do the reflash for yah, im sving my pennies

#7 jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Diavel Model: Red

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

Hi i live in brisbane.I have had a lot iof issues with the diavel shutting down/cutting out at low speeds .
Will this ecu reflash help with that ?

Edited by jay, 21 November 2011 - 07:32 PM.

#8 Jdgreenberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

It should* because the fix low end fueling for emissions. so I hear

#9 Coop

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Black

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:25 AM

View PostJdgreenberg, on 21 November 2011 - 08:08 PM, said:

It should* because the fix low end fueling for emissions. so I hear

Be careful. Your taillights won't work properly with a US reflash.

#10 Jdgreenberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:20 AM

That's true coop, the rexxer flash should be ok for you folks with the clear tails. With any serious mod such as this, you should make sure you communicate with seller.

#11 Stagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:04 AM

Update:
After putting on the latest factory update, a Rexxer reflash was completed.
I am disappointed. Warning: the reflash does NOT turn off the 02 sensor. I would not recommend it if you are trying to solve the rougher running under 3500k and it still runs hot idle at traffic lights.

They have not been able to crack that part on the Mitsubishi ECU, however they have changed the parameters for the O2 which are meant to improve it. It is not noticeable.
The local distributor and the engineer had been lead to believe that it did turn them off until this week . A look at the information on the web says turns it off for "most" ECUs. Not the Mitsubishi it appears.

It has turned off the butterfly which means it is now always open and no engine error codes. I am told that the fuel map is richer higher up the rev range means I am safer with a slip on. i will get it dynoed at some stage to confirm and give me peace of mind about running lean.

So we are still without O2 eliminators for this ECU. The Redline unit is just using the old trick of a resistor to fool the ECU ambient temperature is much cooler causing more fuel input. It is like running with the choke on all the time. Fuel use dramatically increases. I hope Rexxer eventually cracks this.

Edited by Stagger, 17 December 2011 - 05:07 AM.

#12 mintpaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Black

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

Hey,

Anymore updates on the reflash?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users