19 replies to this topic

#1 E350

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Black

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:59 AM

Anyone have firm confirmation on Ducati 2012 Pricing. Looks like the standard and carbon versions are retailing for at least an extra $500 for Model Year 2012, compared to prior yr.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 needspf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

I got my 2012 carbon a little over a month ago and it was the exact same price as the 2011. Paid sticker (which killed me) since they had three other people waiting for the bike when it came in.

#3 scm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

My dealer told me that the red cf was going to be a bit more $$$, 2012 should be selling for the same as 2012, why wouldn't they?

#4 needspf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:32 AM

Yeah mine is a carbon red. I think your dealer is trying to handle you, maybe find another one. Or at least mention to him you are going to look elsewhere.

#5 General Lee

Expert Member

• Administrators
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

A price increase would not surprise me one bit. The 1098 debuted at a hair under 15k. The following year, the price bumped up by $1,000. The 1198 is even more expensive. It won't surprise me if the 1199 is even more. With all the technology and top-shelf equipment on the Diavel, the current base model price is a steal.

#6 kettguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

mmmmmm they got to pay for all these recalls some how ......why not charge more so its us that pays for them................

#7 njexpress

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Diavel Model: Red

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

Yup - Prices are up by $500. They started out the same as 2011 and according to my dealer, there were even some allotments made at the 2011 numbers. In fact, I did see a 2012 base red stickered at $16,995 in a Massechusets dealership.
I am buying now from Pa where the $$$ are based on 2012 pricing. For a while, ducatiusa website continued to how 16,995 / 19,995 for a while and I sent them an email asking about he pricing. A week later, I received an email response from some regional manager guy that was the greatest tap dance routine in the history of humankind - Ducati does not reveal pricig but encourages customers to get in touch with the greates dealership network in the world, etc.... Interestingly enough, the prices showed an increase of $500 effective the day after I got my so called response.
So, the official verdict is: Yes, there is a price increase.
Cheers!!
--njexpress

#8 DUCAVEL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

2012 carbon red Payed 19995 plus reg costs of plates, freight, 6% sales tax,no dealer prep and 2000 for roadster screen and full termignoni system even threw in a helmet and tank pad

#9 Maddog78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

That's a good buy.

I paid MSRP for my black Carbon + 436 freight, 195 pdi and 110 doc. fee but did get a ducati/agv helmet, frame plugs, roadster screen and full termi at dealer cost.
No OK sales tax cause it was leaving the state but did pay Canadian sales tax, which you have to pay if you buy it in or out of Canada anyways.

#10 gseely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

I paid $20,015 out-the-door for a 2012 carbon red, plus tax and state doc stamps. The dealer threw in Low Ride seat.

#11 gseely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

View Postgseely, on 24 October 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

I paid $20,015 out-the-door for a 2012 carbon red, plus tax and state doc stamps. The dealer threw in Low Ride seat.

Postscript: The dealer told me that the prices for the standard bikes had increased by $500, but the price for the carbon bikes was unchanged. He also stated that when the chrome version is released in a few months, it will be priced more than the standard bikes, but less than the carbon bikes.

#12 TexasinDC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

Gseely--
If I may ask, when did you put your deposit down? (I put mine in on July 7th and I'm still waiting.......)
Thanks!

#13 gseely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

View PostTexasinDC, on 24 October 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

Gseely--
If I may ask, when did you put your deposit down? (I put mine in on July 7th and I'm still waiting.......)
Thanks!

I put mine down October 6th. I was told I would probably have the bike by the end of October. When I went into the shop for something else a few days after ordering, the owner said he had just gotten off the phone with Ducati, and they told him the bike was already on the way, so I might have it a bit sooner. However, they had not yet provided him with VIN numbers. I have been out of town for a week or so, and haven't checked back recently.

#14 gseely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:34 AM

View Postgseely, on 24 October 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

I put mine down October 6th. I was told I would probably have the bike by the end of October. When I went into the shop for something else a few days after ordering, the owner said he had just gotten off the phone with Ducati, and they told him the bike was already on the way, so I might have it a bit sooner. However, they had not yet provided him with VIN numbers. I have been out of town for a week or so, and haven't checked back recently.

UPDATE: I just called my dealer. He said they have the VIN numbers now, and my bike should come in within the next day or two.

#15 TexasinDC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:12 AM

Thanks for the update and the initial response! Congrats on the bike! Good luck and have fun! (I need to call my sales guy now........)

#16 pendulous29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

New to the forum. I just bought a 2012 red carbon a few weeks ago. I think it is same price as 2011. However, I had to pay 500 more for the red carbon versus the black carbon. Love the bike so far.

#17 RLP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

The price difference on the red models is a result of the Japan tsunami; Japan makes most of the red paint pigment for the world. Unfortunately, the pigment plants were mostly destroyed from the tsunami which caused delays in the delivery of standard red models for the '11 model year and increased costs for red paint on 2012 models.

#18 gseely

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

View PostRLP, on 26 October 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

The price difference on the red models is a result of the Japan tsunami; Japan makes most of the red paint pigment for the world. Unfortunately, the pigment plants were mostly destroyed from the tsunami which caused delays in the delivery of standard red models for the '11 model year and increased costs for red paint on 2012 models.

Color me skeptical. $500 for a couple of ounces of paint seems a bit extreme.

#19 General Lee

Expert Member

• Administrators
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

Ducati always does this with new models. They start out with the price low, then gradually raise it after the first year. The 1199 is supposedly going to be up around 20k for the base.

#20 Hui

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Diavel Model: No Diavel Yet

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:42 AM

View PostGeneral Lee, on 28 October 2011 - 11:07 PM, said:

Ducati always does this with new models. They start out with the price low, then gradually raise it after the first year. The 1199 is supposedly going to be up around 20k for the base.

A bitch if you've been snoozing and not already got one.
I paid £9,500 for my Benelli TNT Sport EVO and a couple of months later they knocked two grand off the range, this left the used values worth f/all.
The Ducati way adds resale value and asperation value.
Better for us ? I think so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users