#1 donsesso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

Just got the package.

I was able to Locate and install the one under the fuel tank.

But, I can't find the one on the left side. Anyone have any pointers.?

Btw, this takes alot longer than 10 minutes. It's more like 2 hours if you don't know where everything is.. I just hope it's worth it.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Diavel-Forum.com

#2 DUCATIGUY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

What is it! never heard of it!

#3 donsesso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

It's an O2 manipulator. It's supposed to make the Diavel run richer, thus smoother, thus no pops.. Much smoother ride. At least, that's what I've read

#4 Alan

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:57 AM

I love the pops from my Termis !

#5 DUCATIGUY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

View Postdonsesso, on 21 October 2011 - 11:53 AM, said:

It's an O2 manipulator. It's supposed to make the Diavel run richer, thus smoother, thus no pops.. Much smoother ride. At least, that's what I've read

Great i think ill get the misses one! :workout:

#6 General Lee

Expert Member

• Administrators
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

I'm considering picking one up so I can eliminate my exhaust valve servo. Any chance someone could organize a group buy?

#7 Jdgreenberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

Wrong item general. This is the item that messes with the O2 sensors. There is a different product for the servo eliminator

#8 General Lee

Expert Member

• Administrators
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

Duh, yeah I was thinking DucEE.

#9 donsesso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

Ok.. So, I finally found both sensors.

As previously stated, one sensor is under the fuel tank. I had to remove the side panels, the fue tank cover, the fuel cap surround, and the top LCD display. All this just to lift the fuel tank a few inches.

The second sensor is on the left side, lower fairing. Another poster stated it was behind the fairing for the oil cooler. My retarded a$$ confused the radiator for the oil cooler. The oil cooler is down by the battery. I spent about 2 hours removing bolts and pieces that didnt need removing. It didn't help that the FATDUC came with the wrong instructions (this is not a Multistrada).

So, everything is buttoned up and I took it for a 40-mile spin. There is definitely a difference. No sputtering in low RPMs. Just smoothness. I still get some pops when decelerating. But, it sounds more like sports bike.

Initial impressions: it does what it says it does. I'll give it a few hundred miles before I make a final assessment.

#10 Bonkers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Black

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:29 AM

View Postdonsesso, on 21 October 2011 - 11:53 AM, said:

I'll be interested to here your evaluation of this product.

I've had a similar gadget fitted to my R1200GSA for a while now, and its brilliant.

#11 JHP

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:59 AM

Running richer will burn more fuel right?

#12 donsesso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

Yes. Fuel consumption will go up.. The average from other FATDUC users seems to be 4-5 mpg less.

According to my Diavel's display, I average 36 mpg. I reset every time I fill up. Therefore, I'm expecting 32 mpg the next few fill ups. (still better than 13 mpg in my trucks).

I'm curious to see how the spark plugs take th extra fuel. Hopefully, being a performance vehicle, the plugs will hold up.

#13 BadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

I've lost about 4 mpg with my fully tuned PCV for the same reason. Kinda sucks, but I'm still getting 37 - 38 mpg, US!

#14 Coop

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

I would've thought that fuel consumption could actually improve with a better tune
At the moment a lot of guys are riding around town at 4000+ rpm just to keep it running nice. If you can run around town at 2000-2500 rpm instead because it's tuned better, wouldn't the economy improve?
I can get at least as good economy now the Termis are fitted if I'm careful. I can easily let her run down to 2000 rpm now. On my way back from PI my last tank got 275klms (20 klms on reserve) and I put 15,57 liters in. Thats not too shabby.

Edited by Coop, 23 October 2011 - 07:51 PM.

#15 Maddog78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

My average has dropped about 4 mpg since I fitted the Termi's.
It could be becuase I'm running it harder though. Break in is finished and I love to hear that sound.

#16 donsesso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:14 AM

The initial 40 miles registered 23 mpg. But, it has gone up since then. I'm currently averaging 32 mpg on the first tank since the install. Noticeable difference at low rpms (2000). There is no "surging/sputtering" anymore.

I'm heading out to Palo Alto, CA tonight to meet up with NORCAL DOC. I'll have a few more miles logged on by the end of the day.

#17 General Lee

Expert Member

• Administrators
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

View PostCoop, on 23 October 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

I would've thought that fuel consumption could actually improve with a better tune
At the moment a lot of guys are riding around town at 4000+ rpm just to keep it running nice. If you can run around town at 2000-2500 rpm instead because it's tuned better, wouldn't the economy improve?
I can get at least as good economy now the Termis are fitted if I'm careful. I can easily let her run down to 2000 rpm now. On my way back from PI my last tank got 275klms (20 klms on reserve) and I put 15,57 liters in. Thats not too shabby.

If 'better' means adding fuel to the tune (which is what this kit does), that results in lower fuel economy.

#18 Feralc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

@donsesso
Did you replace the exhaus?t, I have a CW and that made my bike even leaner than stock, I am looking for a fix for that, I was thinking about a fuel control unit, Power commander, bazzaz, or Fatduc (thanks for the tip General Lee) but maybe this O2 manipulator will do the job, I know you have already assemble everything but any chance you took pictures? I called Fatduc and they said they do not have diavel instructions yet (only Multistrada's)
Thanks

#19 rhinoracing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

I had the fat duc o2 manipulators installed with my full termis and still got what i felt was excessive popping on decel and occasional bacfires.I removed the fat duc o2 manipulators and installed the bazzaz o2 eliminators.My local dealer recommended this.The popping has been eliminated.With the fat duc installed my mpg dropped about 3 mpg,with the bazzaz installed it dropped about 5 mpg from stock.You will need the eliminators anyway if you decide to buy a tuner to tune at lower rpm.I feel the bazzaz have helped my bike more in my situation.Dealer said even the dp ecu is tuned for euro3 emissions.Hope this helps .

#20 Feralc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

@rhinoracing, I have a CW pipe and had 4 options in mind
1 O2 manipulators (quick and cheap fix for low rpm area but not optimized for the whole map)
2 Power commander V (Dynojet is not going to have a finished product until the end of the year) and 2 O2 optimizers
3 Fatduc (cleanest installation, stock ECU reprogrammed but not available until January)
4 Bazzaz Z-Fi kit (that is available since today in their website and includes two O2 eliminators)
So if you ask me I was hoping to get a Fatduc and skip any kind of wiring, stock ECU reflashed and that's it, and maybe install a couple of O2 eliminators, but I want my bike at its fullest NOW and I do not want to risk any kind of valve and piston damage for running it too lean these two months (I am sure those valves and pistons will outlive me but I am convincing myself)
So I might go the Bazzaz route, and now that I am about to spend $$$ in labor I would go for the Z-Fi QS that includes the Quick Shifter, a feature that I REALLY LIKE.

Edited by Feralc, 26 October 2011 - 09:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users