Jump to content


1/4 Mile Time


174 replies to this topic

#1 Blackbird

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
    Joined: 16-March 11
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

Has anyone run the quarter mile yet? The gearing is lower than the 1198, so it should be faster in the 1/4. So far, the fastest production bike is the BMW s1000rr reported in the low nines, with the Hayabusa, zx14 and other liter bikes all somewhere under ten. The quarter mile is not necessarily the only important statistic, but it means a lot for a fast street bike. Gonna ride one Friday, but that won't get me an objective answer on how fast this really is.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

    Diavel-Forum.com



#2 Rhett

    Administrator

  • Administrators
  • 1,260 posts
    Joined: 09-February 11
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

I haven't seen any test results yet with actual numbers... but I'm sure they are coming soon.... :nutkick

Let us know how you like it.

#3 Mojo_Mike

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
    Joined: 05-March 11
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:07 AM

View PostBlackbird, on 21 March 2011 - 06:31 PM, said:

Has anyone run the quarter mile yet? The gearing is lower than the 1198, so it should be faster in the 1/4. So far, the fastest production bike is the BMW s1000rr reported in the low nines, with the Hayabusa, zx14 and other liter bikes all somewhere under ten. The quarter mile is not necessarily the only important statistic, but it means a lot for a fast street bike. Gonna ride one Friday, but that won't get me an objective answer on how fast this really is.


My guess is that it won't be some jaw dropping number like a BMW 1000RR. I think past 1000 feet that the Diavel's aero will work against it. Case in point, the current V-Max. That being said, to me this bike is more about 0-60 times than the full quarter mile. In that, I think/hope the Diavel will excel.

#4 Rhett

    Administrator

  • Administrators
  • 1,260 posts
    Joined: 09-February 11
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:01 AM

That makes sense and I agree with you! ;)

#5 DiavelRR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
    Joined: 10-February 11

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Against the VMax in the test that MCN Magazine held, both bikes did 0-100 mph in 6.00 seconds.

The Diavel was 8.69 seconds 0-120 mph., VMax was 8.66 seconds.

No 1/4 mile times were given.

#6 TonyG

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
    Joined: 16-February 11
  • Location: East/Central Pennsylvania
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:15 AM

So, is it safe to say with the right rider it could break into the 10's?

#7 Blackbird

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
    Joined: 16-March 11
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:52 PM

View PostTonyG, on 23 March 2011 - 02:15 AM, said:

So, is it safe to say with the right rider it could break into the 10's?

I hope the Diavel can go below ten. Much more than ten, and it's not really fast by today's standards. All modern liter bikes, the ZX14 and the Hayabusa will clear the quarter mile below ten with a professional rider. I get the point about 0-60 being important for an open bike, but the quarter mile is the standard measure of going fast. With the right gearing, all kinds of bikes like super motos and big two-strokes will explode 0-60 in few seconds. This bike has six or seven fewer teeth on the back sprocket than the 1198 and that's a fast bike. I'm almost certain this new Duc will do a quarter mile in under 10!

#8 TonyG

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
    Joined: 16-February 11
  • Location: East/Central Pennsylvania
  • Diavel Model: Carbon Red

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:36 PM

Blackbird, I didn't realize it was potentially that quick or that it's rear sprocket dropped that many teeth to the 1198.
I'm guessing it will rival the Vmax in the 1/4...either way, I'm not taking it too that limit...balls aren't that big!

#9 DiavelRR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
    Joined: 10-February 11

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

I too am reluctant to take it below 10 seconds.

Here's something odd.

In 2009, Cycle World Magazine did a test of the new VMax which at that time had 174 hp ...2011 VMax which was tested against the Diavel by MCN Magazine had 197 hp.

0-60 mph ('09 VMax ) 5.9 seconds ( 2011 VMax ) 0-60 mph 6.00 seconds

1/4 mile ( '09 VMax ) 10.26 135.8 mph No 1/4 mile times or speed for either the VMax or Diavel for 2011.

Also the '09 VMax had 113 lb. ft. of Torque.

The 2011 VMax has 122 lb.ft, of Torque.

The VMax is a 5 speed where as the Diavel is a 6 speed.

#10 Blackbird

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
    Joined: 16-March 11
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

View PostDiavelRR, on 23 March 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

I too am reluctant to take it below 10 seconds.

Here's something odd.

In 2009, Cycle World Magazine did a test of the new VMax which at that time had 174 hp ...2011 VMax which was tested against the Diavel by MCN Magazine had 197 hp.

0-60 mph ('09 VMax ) 5.9 seconds ( 2011 VMax ) 0-60 mph 6.00 seconds

1/4 mile ( '09 VMax ) 10.26 135.8 mph No 1/4 mile times or speed for either the VMax or Diavel for 2011.

Also the '09 VMax had 113 lb. ft. of Torque.

The 2011 VMax has 122 lb.ft, of Torque.

The VMax is a 5 speed where as the Diavel is a 6 speed.


I think you mean 0 -100 mph times. There are economy family sedans that go 0 - 60 in about 6 secs.

The 1198 does the 1/4 in about ten seconds and tops out at 178, according to Motorcycle USA "10.09 @ 139.9 mph". With lower gears and a lower top end, the Diavel out to be able to get under ten, even adding fifty pounds. Maybe I'm totally wrong. We'll have to wait for the tests, I guess. Hope I can get a test drive tomorrow.

#11 DiavelRR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
    Joined: 10-February 11

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

View PostBlackbird, on 24 March 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

I think you mean 0 -100 mph times. There are economy family sedans that go 0 - 60 in about 6 secs.

The 1198 does the 1/4 in about ten seconds and tops out at 178, according to Motorcycle USA "10.09 @ 139.9 mph". With lower gears and a lower top end, the Diavel out to be able to get under ten, even adding fifty pounds. Maybe I'm totally wrong. We'll have to wait for the tests, I guess. Hope I can get a test drive tomorrow.
Sorry 'bout that...meant 0-100 mph.....not 0-60 duh.


My Ducati 1098 R w. it's Termignoni Race Exhaust and modified ECU will do 9.27 seconds in the 1/4 mile, and 151 mph.

My BMW S 1000 RR ( not mine ), but a stock one, run by Roadracing World Magazine, in a liter bike shootout last Summer, ran the fastest of any of the 6 liter bikes at 155 mph in 9.25 seconds.( if memory serves me )

At the Citrus Nationals this past year, a stock swingarm superstock ( meaning no messing with the Engine internals )

BMW S 1000 RR owned by Brock's Performance ran a 8.75 in the 1/4 mile , 163 mph.

It will be interesting to see where the Diavel falls as far as the 1/4 mile.

Put a Jockey on one and see !

#12 Blackbird

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
    Joined: 16-March 11
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Has anyone gotten a quarter mile time yet?

#13 Qfasttoo

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Joined: 18-April 11
  • Location: DFW, TEXAS
  • Diavel Model: No Diavel Yet

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

View PostBlackbird, on 23 March 2011 - 12:52 PM, said:

I hope the Diavel can go below ten. Much more than ten, and it's not really fast by today's standards. All modern liter bikes, the ZX14 and the Hayabusa will clear the quarter mile below ten with a professional rider. I get the point about 0-60 being important for an open bike, but the quarter mile is the standard measure of going fast. With the right gearing, all kinds of bikes like super motos and big two-strokes will explode 0-60 in few seconds. This bike has six or seven fewer teeth on the back sprocket than the 1198 and that's a fast bike. I'm almost certain this new Duc will do a quarter mile in under 10!



Has anyone on here been to the 1/4 mile yet to see what times they can put down?

#14 Qfasttoo

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Joined: 18-April 11
  • Location: DFW, TEXAS
  • Diavel Model: No Diavel Yet

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

View PostDiavelRR, on 22 March 2011 - 09:27 PM, said:

Against the VMax in the test that MCN Magazine held, both bikes did 0-100 mph in 6.00 seconds.

The Diavel was 8.69 seconds 0-120 mph., VMax was 8.66 seconds.

No 1/4 mile times were given.


It's funny to see the times put up on both bikes because we all know both can and will go faster..

The best 1/4 mile time so far on a Gen 2 VMax is 8.87 @ 156.82mph

I'm sure there is hope for the Diavel. :hooray

#15 Qfasttoo

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Joined: 18-April 11
  • Location: DFW, TEXAS
  • Diavel Model: No Diavel Yet

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

View PostBlackbird, on 24 March 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

I think you mean 0 -100 mph times. There are economy family sedans that go 0 - 60 in about 6 secs.

The 1198 does the 1/4 in about ten seconds and tops out at 178, according to Motorcycle USA "10.09 @ 139.9 mph". With lower gears and a lower top end, the Diavel out to be able to get under ten, even adding fifty pounds. Maybe I'm totally wrong. We'll have to wait for the tests, I guess. Hope I can get a test drive tomorrow.


Vmax is more like 2.5sec in the 0-60.. NOT the 6 secs :hooray what did thay start in 2nd gear and and didn't see the arm go down... I don't see how someone got to 60mph in 6 secs..They should NOT be testing bikes if so.. :hammerhead

I need a new job..I'll test it for them.. :hammerhead

Put it this way ..ME @ the track i did 6.9 sec 1/8 on a bad start and got to a 107mph.. I think anyone can see the BS the guys are putting in the Mags.. :yahoo

#16 Qfasttoo

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Joined: 18-April 11
  • Location: DFW, TEXAS
  • Diavel Model: No Diavel Yet

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

View PostDiavelRR, on 23 March 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

I too am reluctant to take it below 10 seconds.

Here's something odd.

In 2009, Cycle World Magazine did a test of the new VMax which at that time had 174 hp ...2011 VMax which was tested against the Diavel by MCN Magazine had 197 hp.

0-60 mph ('09 VMax ) 5.9 seconds ( 2011 VMax ) 0-60 mph 6.00 seconds

1/4 mile ( '09 VMax ) 10.26 135.8 mph No 1/4 mile times or speed for either the VMax or Diavel for 2011.

Also the '09 VMax had 113 lb. ft. of Torque.

The 2011 VMax has 122 lb.ft, of Torque.

The VMax is a 5 speed where as the Diavel is a 6 speed.


i too wish i had a 6th gear to save gas with..It would be nice.. :hooray

#17 FUCK THIS FORUM

    Member

  • Validating
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
    Joined: 20-April 11
  • Diavel Model: Black

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

View PostQfasttoo, on 25 April 2011 - 12:34 PM, said:

i too wish i had a 6th gear to save gas with..It would be nice.. :hooray

Just thought I'd add: If you are concerned about gas mileage, forget about a Diavel.
If you ride one aggressively at all your mileage will drop below 30 MPG.
Personally I think it's definitely worth it! :)


#18 RainsFather

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
    Joined: 07-April 11
  • Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA
  • Diavel Model: No Diavel Yet

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:33 AM

View PostQfasttoo, on 25 April 2011 - 12:17 PM, said:

Vmax is more like 2.5sec in the 0-60.. NOT the 6 secs :hooray what did thay start in 2nd gear and and didn't see the arm go down... I don't see how someone got to 60mph in 6 secs..They should NOT be testing bikes if so.. :)

I need a new job..I'll test it for them.. :)

Put it this way ..ME @ the track i did 6.9 sec 1/8 on a bad start and got to a 107mph.. I think anyone can see the BS the guys are putting in the Mags.. :)


You might want to actually read all the posts in this topic before bashing what was typed. He corrected himself quit some time ago that it was supposed to be 0-100 not 0-60.

#19 Qfasttoo

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Joined: 18-April 11
  • Location: DFW, TEXAS
  • Diavel Model: No Diavel Yet

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:54 AM

View PostRainsFather, on 26 April 2011 - 12:33 AM, said:

You might want to actually read all the posts in this topic before bashing what was typed. He corrected himself quit some time ago that it was supposed to be 0-100 not 0-60.


Well, there is an EDIT button, but it was not @ him, but more the person that was riding the bike..He would have NOTHING to do with that..

0-100mph is more like it, but still slow..

I don't think the Diavel has got under 11secs in the 1/4 mile yet has it?? :hooray

#20 Qfasttoo

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Joined: 18-April 11
  • Location: DFW, TEXAS
  • Diavel Model: No Diavel Yet

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

View PostXchoppers, on 25 April 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

Just thought I'd add: If you are concerned about gas mileage, forget about a Diavel.
If you ride one aggressively at all your mileage will drop below 30 MPG.
Personally I think it's definitely worth it! :hooray



I get more like 25mpg, but a 6th gear would be nice on the looooong roads tho..

Nice bike!! I like the REd Carbon best, but the Black one may be the fast one.. :)





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users